Folks ask us all of the time—How do I use the online calendars?
Here’s a short video that goes over the basics of using Google calendars; Yahoo and other calendars are quite similar.
Online calendars allow you to…
- Access your calendar from anywhere in the world on any device connected to the internet.
- Share your calendar with family, friends, and colleagues.
- Invite other to join you at an event.
- Set up “alerts” or reminders about an upcoming event.
Reasons to use an online calendar
- Plan an event with committee members and set up due dates for renting the hall, finding a caterer, sending invitations, etc. Everyone on the committee has 24/7 access to the calendar so they can stay up-to-date.
- Your calendar is always with you as long as you have your smart phone.
- Make sure meetings, lunch dates, and vacation times are not double booked by two or more folks in your family, organization, or committee.