Are you a recent newcomer to a mac laptop or desktop? It occurs to us at BoomerTECH Adventures that we have internalized many functions of our Macs to the point we don’t even think about them when working. However, some of these actions or processes are not second nature to many of our clients, and this lack of background knowledge is frustrating when they are trying to accomplish a task on their computer or laptop.
Therefore we are going post a series of How-To’s that will build your background knowledge about your Mac laptop or desktop. With this information, you will find time on your computer going much more smoothly!
Our topics will include:
- How do I know which program is active on my screen–right now?
- Why do I sometimes see light blue highlighting when I click on a folder and other times its dark blue? Very confusing!
- What’s with the Finder? What’s its purpose?
- How do I create folders to organize my computer?
- Where should I put those folders? Desktop? Documents?
- I have forgotten what I named a file–is it gone forever?
- I’m chair of the historical society and have to send out emails all of the time. How do I make a group to use in email so I don’t have to retype 50 names each time?
- I bookmark stuff regularly. How do I manage Bookmarks in Safari?
Each post will include an overview of the topic plus a PDF of complete instructions that you can download. Our goal is to post new information each day for the next week, so please check back in everyday! The first post will be “How to Identify Which Program is Active on My Screen Right Now.” We will post it today, February 13, 2018.