Here’s another peek at one of the capabilities of the new iOS 12 for the iPhone and iPad. We will be adding an entire series of videos on iOS 12 to Our Wicked Good Intro to the iPhone Video Series. https://www.wickedgoodiphoneintro.com/
iOS 12 allows us to set up shortcuts to make things happen fast! Set an alarm, message a friend, send an email, go to a saved map, and more. Here’s what you do:
1. Go to Settings
2. Taps on Siri & Search
3. A screen will appear with suggested shortcuts. These are based on recent action taken. For example, I am often sending emails to BoomerTECH Adventures colleague Ed Brazee so that action is a suggested choice.
4. Tapping “All Shortcuts” gives me a wider selection. I can set an alarm, respond to a specific email, etc.
5. To set the alarm for 4:30, I tap on that choice and then I see this screen. I just need to record the shortcut by tapping the red button.
6. You will then see a screen that says “Enable…” Notice you have the option to edit the shortcut.
7. To delete a shortcut, tap on My Shortcuts and then Edit. Then tap on the red button next to the shortcut you wish to delete.
It’s pretty straight forward to add a shortcut. Try it out!