Searching the internet on your digital devices provides instant entertainment, and an opportunity to wile away a couple of hours on a dreary, foggy afternoon. Why, you might even discover that despite disparaging remarks from friends and family about your slovenly ways and potty-mouth that these characteristics are actually signs that you are quite brilliant!
Just look at what I discovered this weekend:
From the article…
“People who wear crazy socks are telling the world that they refuse to conform to social trends, boldly displaying their playful personalities and unique sensibilities. They’re leading a revolution against uniforms and decorum.”
2. Birth order matters! According to the Economist, the first born sibling has about 1.5 IQ points advantage over the second born. Hmmmm…. I am surely not going to forward this article to my OLDER sister!
3. Cursing is not such a bad thing, after all. “The research suggests that a healthy vocabulary of curse words is a sign of rhetorical skill.”
4. Putting your feet up and not being task-oriented all of the time is also a positive.
5. Here is my favorite characteristic of an intelligent being–DISORGANIZATION! I have taken grief all of my life about the way I organize my papers, my bills, my books, my spices, and cabinets as well as for not always working my way through tasks in a sequential manner. Finally–vindication.
According to a post on Life Hack, there are at least 12 reasons why disorganization is a sign of intelligence. Let me share just a couple…
- We have a broad range of interests.
- We often get distracted when we are not interested.
- We think globally.
- We need to be learning new things all of the time.