You took several wonderful pictures of your grandchildren at the local Fun Run and want to send them to friends and other family members. How do you attach them to an email or text? Fortunately, it is very straightforward when you are using Photos for Macs (latest Yosemite update–10.10.3 version).
1. Open Photos on your computer. When you click on either the photos or album tab, the top menus will look like the image below.
2. Over to the right, you will notice an icon of a box with an arrow pointing up. That is your Share Icon.
3. Click on the Share Icon and a drop down menu will appear.
4. If you click on Mail, a message screen ready for you to use pops up. Notice the image is already attached! All you have to do is fill in the email address, the subject and any message your want to include. Also, over toward far right you can choose the size image you want to send. Sometimes smaller is better because it is easier to load.
5. Sending a text message uses the same process. Click on Message and fill in the necessary information. If the person is already in your Contacts, his address should pop up. Remember, you cannot send a text message to a land line phone; the phone must be one that accepts texts. You can always send it to an email address. Don’t forget to click Send when you are finished.