BoomerTECH Adventures’ Guides Jill, Ed, and Chris
In 2014, three Maine educators–Ed Brazee, Jill Spencer, and Chris Toy–decided to repurpose instead of retiring. Ed suggested to Jill and Chris that there were 70 million Baby Boomers out there and many of them needed help with their digital lives. Wouldn’t it be interesting and fun to find ways to help them! We co-founded BoomerTECH Adventures and began to brainstorm services we could provide. Because all three of us were active in the Maine Learning Technology Initiative we work mainly with Apple devices.
Jill is a former teacher, international consultant, and author of several books on middle-level education; Chris Toy was a middle school principal, international consultant, and has written five fabulous cookbooks. Ed Brazee was a professor at the University of Maine, an educational consultant, and keeps us on track.
Teaching has been a constant in our lives, and we bring lessons learned in our various classrooms to bear on our work with Boomers and Seniors. We know that people of all ages:
- Learn new things in different ways and at different speeds
- Need practice and support
- Do not want to feel inadequate because they haven’t mastered a skill the first time
- Find visuals as well as text helpful
- Want to continue to create, communicate, and contribute.
So…What can BoomerTECH Adventures do for you?
- Give you competence and confidence using your personal technology.
- Answer questions that are driving you crazy about your iPhone, iPad, and Mac computer.
- Make you more creative and productive on your devices.
As you navigate through our webpage, you will see that we have an active blog on a variety of topics focused on Apple devices, the internet, and the various “clouds” such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and others. There also links to free resources on the webpage as well as to our new service, BTA Club.
Knowing that folks like to learn at their own pace, we also offer courses on a variety of topics at a reasonable price. With our courses comes the ability to contact us personally for clarification on questions raised by the content. If you are interested in how to get the most from your iPhone camera app or ways you can edit your images or the basics of your iPhone/iPad or Mac, check out our course selection.
Please join us on our journey of repurposing–there’s still a lot to learn!